Do you spend a lot of time checking the rankings of your YouTube videos?
Manually checking rankings on YouTube wastes a lot of time. In the video below you’ll discover 5 YouTube video rank checker tools that include free and paid options and will save you a ton of time.
If you rank your videos on the first page of the YouTube Search results, you’ll be able to generate traffic, leads and sales 24/7, year after year. Not all your videos will get high rankings therefore you need to constantly track your rankings so you can improve them.
Here are 5 ways to check your YouTube video ranking positions.
1. Manual is a free method wastes a lot of time.
If you enter “how to get fit” in the YouTube search box, you’ll see a list of videos ranked on the first page. These are ranked according to my personal browsing behavior. If you use Incognito mode, which means it’s not based upon your personal browser behavior, you’ll get ranking results that are not based on your browsing behavior.
To use incognito mode, go to “File” in Chrome, the click on “new Incognito mode window”. In the search box, enter “how to get fit“. Click “Search” and then you will see that the search results are a little bit different. The first two results are the same, but the third result is different. If you check your rankings manually, it’s better to use Incognito mode from your browser to get the true rankings.
If I go to ytrank.net, insert my URL, and insert the keyword that I wish to rank for, “how to translate videos” then click “Find rank”. I can see that my video ranks on Page 1, Position 1.
If I check the same keyword phrase in Incognito mode, “how to translate videos” I can see that my videos rank number one on Page 1 of YouTube also, so YTRank checks out.
This is a free Chrome extension which also allows you to check the rankings of your YouTube videos. It does a lot more, but let me show you how to check the rankings using VidIQ.
If I choose my video how to translate YouTube videos, then click “Edit video” all the blue icons show the rankings for all the keyword phrases of my tags.
to download the free Chrome extension VidIQ.
This is also a free Chrome extension. According to the pricing page on the video SEO tools, you need to upgrade to the Pro version and to check the rankings for keyword phrases in the tags.
To check the rankings of one of my videos, just go to the Video manager and select the video you wish to check the rankings for and click “Edit”. All the green icons symbolize the rankings for these particular keyword phrases that I’ve used in my tags. You can see I’ve got multiple rankings for multiple keyword phrases for this specific video.
, if you want to learn more about TubeBuddy.
5. EZ Video Ranks software
The great benefit of using this software is that you can check the rankings of all the videos on your channel or your competitors’ channels in YouTube Search, Google search, and even Google Videos.
Let me show you what it can do. Here’s the home page of EZ Video Ranks.
- You can load in any channel URL and receive ranking positions in Google, Google Videos, and YouTube.
- It has automatic scanning for reporting. There’s no manual keyword input. It exports results via email to show progress to your clients.
- It’s web based so you don’t have to install anything. Here’s some different testimonies.
- . Here’s an example of a weekly report I receive via email every week. As you can see, it’s got the video ID, the keyword, the YouTube rank, Google rank, and Google Videos rank. Here’s a quick look inside the software. You’re at your dashboard, you’re at channels. You can add a channel. You can add a competitor’s channel. You can check individual videos or you can add videos and bulk. You got Reports, so you can Schedule Email report or View Scheduled Email reports.
Here you can see a list of all my videos and the rankings. You got the Video, the Keyword, Google Rank, Google Videos Rank, YouTube Rank, Last Check, and the Actions. You can also copy them, download them as a CSV, an Excel, as a PDF, or print them.
Here are some important things to keep in mind regarding the rankings of your YouTube videos.
1. Your rankings will fluctuate. When you first publish a video on YouTube, the rankings will bounce around for a few days before it reaches its final ranking position.
2. Not all your YouTube videos are going to achieve first paid rankings. If you’re in a very competitive niche, it’s going to be hard to rank your videos on the first page of YouTube. The best way to achieve first page rankings in a competitive niche is to find less competitive keywords.
Check the link in the cart to watch my video on how to find low competition keywords.
3. YouTube rankings will differ from Google rankings. Not all your YouTube videos are going to rank in YouTube search and Google. Most of them will appear on YouTube search, but some of them will also get rankings in Google. This is great because Google is a top search engine and YouTube is a second large search engine.
If you achieve this, you get a lot of traffic to your videos.
Do you want a grow your YouTube Channel this year so you can attract more views and subscribers? If so, pick up a copy of my 100+ page YouTube Marketing Guide at